Daily Archives: December 6, 2014
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is among the 10 worst countries along with Iran and China on the index of internet freedom, according to a global survey released today.
Freedom House released its ‘Freedom on the Internet 2014’ report, which surveyed 65 countries and listed the index on obstacles to internet access, limits placed on internet content, and violations of internet user rights. It showed Pakistan at 10th position, one step down from the 11th worst in 2013, an increase in the restrictions imposed on the internet.
Its gradual fall during the past four years continues when it was 13th from the bottom in 2011. Majority among the top ten worst countries are from Asia, including Iran, Syria, China, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Only Cuba and Ethiopia are two others non-Asian among the top ten, placed at fourth and fifth positions.
The report cites cases of internet abuse in 2014 including killing of three persons for being gay by a man who used social media to identify their sexual orientation. It says a judge in Punjab sentenced a Christian couple to death for blasphemy in relation to a text message they deny sending, while a lawyer defending a professor for alleged blasphemous FaceBook post was killed.
The report shows that the limitations on content were unchanged and the popular video-sharing YouTube remained blocked on government orders since September 2012.
Nighat Daad of the Digital Rights Foundation, which collaborated in the preparation of report, said internet censorship does not augur well for the democratic system of the country. “Pervasive and increased government control on the internet whether in form of censorship or with new surveillance tactics, is limiting freedom of expression and amplifying self-censorship among the internet users in Pakistan,” she said.
Sony Pictures staff have received a threatening email claiming to be from the hackers who breached the entertainment giant’s computer network, reportedly with warnings that they and their families were “in danger.”
The email from a group calling itself Guardians of Peace (GOP) also warned that “all hope will leave you and Sony Pictures will collapse,” according to the industry journal Variety. A Sony Pictures spokesman confirmed to AFP the threatening email that was sent to some staff yesterday, but not the nature of the threat.
“We understand that some of our employees have received an email claiming to be from GOP. We are aware of the situation and are working with law enforcement,” the spokesman said.
Sony Pictures earlier this week confirmed the hack attack, calling it a “brazen” effort that netted a “large amount” of confidential information, including movies, as well as personnel and business files.
It is not clear who GOP are, but Sony Pictures has downplayed a report that North Korea was behind the attack.
The spokesman, Robert Lawson, did not verify the full content of the threatening email, but a transcript published by Variety warned that, “removing Sony Pictures on earth is a very tiny work for our group which is a worldwide organization.
“What we have done so far is only a small part of our further plan. It’s your false if you think this crisis will be over after some time. All hope will leave you and Sony Pictures will collapse.”
In clearly non-native English it continued: “Many things beyond imagination will happen at many places of the world. Our agents find themselves act in necessary places. “Please sign your name to object the false of the company at the email address below if you don’t want to suffer damage. If you don’t, not only you but your family will be in danger.”
According to security researchers, the Sony hackers leaked sensitive personal information on some 47,000 individuals, including celebrities.
An analysis by the security firm Identity Finder found full names, social security numbers, birth dates and home addresses, allowing “a clear path for criminals intent on committing identity fraud.”
The researcher found 601 files containing this data including spreadsheets and Word documents. They said more than 15,000 of the social security numbers belonged to current or former Sony employees.
Variety has reported that unreleased Sony movies, including the upcoming “Annie,” have been made available on illegal file-sharing websites.
The war film “Fury,” as well as “Mr Turner,” “Still Alice” and “To Write Love on Her Arms” were also made available.
Enjoy the luxury of a premium organic coffee with the added bonus of pure organic Ganoderma lucidum spores. Only the finest organic beans are selected for this bold, flavorful coffee that is the perfect way to enhance your day. Think of it as a necessary luxury, and a joy to drink any time.
(25 Sachets per Box)
Health Benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum
Ganoderma has been known for centuries foralkalizing and oxygenating the body to establish the foundation for a lifetime of good health, removing the basis for osteoporosis, arthritis, adult-onset diabetes, heart disease, and many other degenerative conditions including cancer. No disease can survive in a super oxygenated environment. When your body has sufficient oxygen, it thrives. Ganoderma is a super herb which rapidly oxygenates your body and automatically adjusts your PH to a healthy balance at the cellular level.
Weight Loss: Oxygen is a necessary component for burning fuel. The more you oxygenate the body, the higher your metabolism. That means weight loss.
Ganoderma is backed up with evidenced based documented research in reducing cholesterol levels and easing allergy-related inflammation of the airway.
Often used as an immune stimulant by people with cancer (as well as HIV), Ganoderma has been shown to strengthen immunity as well as combat cancer-cell proliferation
BENEFITS OF GANODERMA FOR SPECIFIC HEALTH CONDITIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
· Alcoholism and cirrhosis of the liver. Ganoderma helps to prevent alcohol-induced fatty liver and cirrhosis. It is beneficial for people in earlier stages of alcoholic liver disease who have not yet experienced severe loss of liver function.
· Bronchitis and yeast infection. Ganoderma stimulates the maturation of immune cells known as macrophages, which engulf and digest infectious bacteria. This prevents secondary infections from developing into cases of chronic bronchitis. Mature macrophages also are active against yeasts, making ganoderma a valuable treatment for yeast infection.
· Fibroids (uterine myomas). Ganoderma keeps the uterine lining from making both basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), a chemical that promotes fibroid growth, and histamine, a chemical that causes inflammation.
· High blood pressure. There is evidence that ganoderma can lower both blood pressure and blood-cholesterol levels. Russian scientists screening mushrooms as potential cholesterol-lowering drugs have found that ganoderma extracts stop the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries of laboratory animals. Two controlled clinical studies have investigated the effects of ganoderma on high blood pressure in humans. Both found it could lower pressure significantly as compared with a placebo. The subjects with high blood pressure in the second study had not previously responded to medications.
· Stress. Eastern physicians have recognized for centuries that ganoderma can reduce emotional outbursts during long-term stress. Additionally, doctors at the Hijitaki Clinic in Tokyo have found that ganoderma helped to decrease physical pain dramatically in two people with neuralgia and two other people with shingles (herpes zoster).
· Prevents and fights cancer: Ganoderma stimulates the body’s production of interleukin-2, which fights several types of cancer, and it contains compounds called ganoderic acids, which act against liver cancer. Ganoderma counteracts the suppression of red and white blood cells that can result from cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan, Neosar) treatment by stimulating the creation of protein in the bone marrow. In 1931, Otto Warburg won a Nobel Prize for the connection he discovered between oxygen and cancer. His studies showed that the number one cause of cancer is a lack of oxygen in the cellular environment. Warburg determined that cancer cells are anaerobic, meaning they thrive in an oxygen-depleted environment. Conversely, cancer cells cannot live in an oxygen-rich environment. Warburg also wrote about oxygen’s relationship to the pH of cancer cells and the body’s terrain. He said that cancer maintains a lower pH, as low as 6.0, due to lactic-acid production and elevated CO2. Warburg believed that higher pH (more alkaline) meant higher concentrations of oxygen, and vice versa. What Warburg discovered for cancer is true for all degenerative diseases. Oxygen and a healthy pH balance are the foundational keys to a healthy body.
Other health benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum include the following:
· Helps balance blood sugar and pancreatic functions
· Helps protect against skin cell degeneration
· Helps improve skin texture
· Helps reduce appearance of aging
· Helps eliminate toxins from the body
· Helps increase metabolism
· Helps fight and inhibit free radicals
· Helps unclog arteries and supports liver function
· Helps improve sexual functions
· Helps reduce fatigue and improve sleep
· Help improve the digestive system
· Relieves sinuses congestion and other respiratory problems
· Helps rejuvenate body tissues and cells
· Helps increase brain power and clarity
· Helps provide energy and vigour
· Helps rejuvenate and oxygenate the body
· Helps strengthens the immune system
· Helps support the regulation of blood pressure
· Helps balance cholesterol
· Effectively aids in the healing of skin wounds, scrapes, psoriasis, mouth ulcers, external bleeding, bug bites and stings